How To Use
How To Use Portal
Sections of Home Page of Jammu and Kashmir Portal.
- Government : Know your government. This section of the page contains the information about the Government of Jammu and Kashmir State and its officials.It also contain the links to the details of various departments and districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Documents : This section of the page contains the links to the details of the various type of documents such as Acts, Schemes, Rules etc. The documents in this section are developed, published and issued in the public domain by State Government Department, Ministry and State Government.
- How Do I : If you want to avail some of the services of Government of Jammu and Kashmir then this section is meant for you. It contains quick links to a variety of online citizen services across sectors provided by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
- J&K At a Glance : It contains the brief information about the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It also contains links to the History, Geography, Climate, Divisions, Demographics, Economy, Culture, Education, Literature and Tourism details.
- Important Links : You can know about the other important government websites of Government of Jammu and Kashmir through this section. It contains the links to some important websites of Government of Jammu and Kashmir State.
- Announcements : The latest important announcements by Government of Jammu and Kashmir are included in this section.
- Tourism : A section containing the beauty of Jammu and Kashmir valley. It contains the slide show of the pictures of some of the famous tourism places of Jammu and Kashmir province.
- Weather : This contains links to Weather forecast report for Jammu and Srinagar.
- News and Updates : It contains updated news feeds from Prasar Bharati. To get the details about the news click on the headlines.
- Viewing Information in Various File Formats : The J&K State Portal have various information hosted for the benefit of citizens. The information are currently made available in two formats: HTML format and Portable Document Format(PDF). To view/print PDF files you must have a PDF reader installed in your computer. You may download and install a softaware which does this for you. Two of them are: Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader
- Search Facility : You can use the search box at top right of the page (below header). Type the content to be searched on the text box and click on the Search Button located at the right side of the box. You may get a number of results. Click on the appropriate result to reach the page which contains it.
- Accesibility option : If it is difficult for you to read the content of the portal then its better to use this option.
- Click at the accessibility option link at the top right of any Page.
- You will get three text images having labels A+, A and A-.
- Select A+ to increase the Text Size.
- To return to the original size click at either A- or A.
- Site Map : If you want to know the accessible pages in the website and their navigation then you can use the sitemap link at the right top of each page in the portal. Sitemap by definition is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users.
How to use it :